- Conditions We May Help
- Spinal Health Tips
- Products For Sale
- Exercise & Stretches
- Spinal Wellness
- Spinal Health Plan
- Free £30 Evaluation
For emergency appointments click here
0191 565 8886
In our opinion the top three supplements we ALL need to add to our diets are:
1. Probiotics ‘friendly bacteria’ supplements are essential because modern farming methods use insecticides and pesticides that destroy many of the ‘friendly bacteria’ that are normally found in our gut. Also the length of time between the picking of food and it arriving on your table destroys much of the ‘friendly bacteria’ contained in the food. So the end result is you have less good bacteria in your gut and therefore cannot breakdown certain foods properly and gain their full nutritional benefit. We recommend Probio-Daily supplements by Higher Nature. One tablet contains 150 million bacteria, a level determined by scientific studies; more is not necessary. We specifically only recommend probiotics in the tablet form because unlike most probiotic yogurt drinks they contain no dairy, wheat, sugars or artificial sweeteners.
Most of us have had to take antibiotics at one time or another—to either prevent an infection (like before surgery), or to get rid of one (such as a urinary tract infection). Therefore, we already know that antibiotics kill harmful bacteria. But did you also know that they kill the good bacteria in your gut, as well as the bad? The good news is, there’s help! Taking probiotics can help replenish all the ‘friendly bacteria’ that your body needs after a course of antibiotics.
2. Multivitamin and mineral supplements. Even the best of diets can not be relied upon to give you the necessary minimum amounts of vitamins and minerals because intensive farming practices have reduced the mineral content of foods, and transporting fresh foods all over the world results in them being picked early and ripened in storage, which reduces their vitamin content. Vitamins and minerals work in balance, so supplementing just some of them throws others out of balance, so taking a multivitamin supplement ensures that they are all properly absorbed.
We recommend Higher Nature’s Advanced Nutrition Complex, which unlike cheaper multivitamins has a high bioavailability (this is how easily and effectively the nutrients in the supplement can be absorbed and used by the body). This high potency multivitamin and mineral formula offers 34 essential nutrients in their optimum organic forms for better absorption and assimilation.
3. Omega 3 Fish Oil is without doubt one of the most essential supplements for people wishing to maintain overall good health. It is vital for cell repair, nervous system health as well as decreasing the inflammatory response helping to relieve pain and discomfort in joints and muscles.The benefits of Omega 3 fish oils stem from the presence of 2 essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA. Our bodies cannot produce these acids naturally, so, unless our diet has a high content of oily fish such as mackerel and herring, we won’t get enough of them. We recommend Higher Nature Omega 3 fish Oil as it is a premier quality fish oil and is scrupulously screened for pollutants to ensure the highest standard possible.
Keep Your Joints Healthy
We recommend to maintain healthy joints you should supplement your diet with:
1. Omega 3 Fish Oil
4. Glucosamine HCL & MSM. Glucosamine is the major building block by which the body manufactures proteoglycans and lycosaminoglycans, used to make cartilage. The supply of glucosamine is the rate limiting step in this manufacturing process.
Glucosamine HCL can be added to a healthy diet to assist joints that maybe showing signs of wear and tear. Stock from boiling bones from soups and stews provides a natural source of these raw materials.
MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) is a natural form of organic sulphur. MSM helps increase the synovial sulphate fluid level in joints, which inhibits the enzymes that lead to cartilage destruction and helps build and ensure the integrity of connective tissues. People with joint wear and tear have lower than normal concentrations of serum sulphate and synovial sulphur levels. MSM also appears to reduce pain by inhibiting the transmission of pain messages by nerves
We recommend sufferers of Arthritis should supplement their diet with:
1. Glucosamine & MSM
2. Omega 3 Fish Oil
5. Devils claw & Boswellia. Devils claw is a plant native to southern Africa. It is used extensively as an anti-inflammatory and pain killer. Research suggests that its positive actions are due to a natural compound called harpagoside, which reduces inflammation in the joints. These analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make Devil’s Claw ideal for sufferers of joint pain and inflammation.
Boswellia. The resin from this leafy tree contains active ingredients called boswellic acids. Studies have shown that boswellic acids have an anti-inflammatory action—much like the conventional nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used for inflammatory conditions, but without the unwanted side effects.
The information provided is for general guidance only and must not be used for diagnosis or treatment of a health problem. This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice.